Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Cats & knitting seem to go hand in paw...

So, I stopped in at a brand new LYS (Local Yarn Store for you laypeople out there) in Mill Valley called Studio Knit, and it is fantastic! I went in (my first time...be gentle!) and the girl there was so cool, hip, and helpful! I bought a beautiful ball of Rowan Big Wool and bamboo needles, size 17. I feel like such the cool knit chick! I guess this hobby isn't for little old ladies anymore.

Rather than make the important work related phone calls I needed to make, I started a big chunky scarf. Isn't that color fab? I'm "working from home" today, and I promised myself I could knit as soon as I made some phone calls, but then I just thought, "well, I'll just cast on..." and then it was, "well, let me just finish this row...." and here I am, it's 5:00 and I haven't done anything for work.


And, to follow in the outstanding footsteps of those pioneering crazy cat knitting women bloggers such as Crazy Aunt Purl and Knit Kitty Knit who went before me, I have to pose my pets next to it. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I love these chunky needles. I feel like a little kid. Remember those huge crayons?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home