Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Now, Don't Go Blaming the Yarn...

But I have to. I bought this great yarn at my LYS in Mill Valley and it turned out to be SO hard to knit with! Definitely an F-factor of 4 or 5.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Being the stubborn ass that I am, I continued knitting it into a scarf while visiting a friend in Portland. I was going to give it to her as a gift for her hospitality...but soon, as I got closer to finishing, I realized that I liked this friend, and she had really done nothing wrong to me, so why would I give her a scarf that resembled snot? We even jokingly referred to it as her Thneed, from that great Dr. Seuss story about The Lorax.

You all remember the Lorax, who speaks for the trees, don't you?! The Lorax fights the greedy Once-ler who cuts down truffula trees to knit "Thneeds" When all the trees are gone and the land is ruined, the Once-ler and his gang disappear, leaving their dead factory, grey air, brown water, gasping Humming-Fish and choking Swamee-Swans behind.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So, this was my attempt at a Thneed - as modeled on my friend's lovely greyhound, Zarou.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


It was hideous, and the yarn was itchy and shedding little hairs all over my clothes (Lord knows I have enough animal hair on my clothes!) so I ripped it out, returned one ball, and pawned the second ball off to StacyO. I have started a new scarf for my Portland friend in a lovely olive boucle.

Here is a token cute cat picture (Bonita lounging on her deck in Portland)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My friend Noelle and her BRAND NEW CUSTOM SURFBOARD!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



And, this is my cute cousin Kiki (on left) who lives in Portland:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home