Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Knitting Rage

A coworker of mine gave me a great excerpt from The Believer magazine, called "Sedaritives" by comedienne Amy Sedaris. Reprinted without permission, hoping that if Ms. Sedaris comes across it, she'll find it flattering that I wanted to share it with my peeps.

Dear Amy,
A knitting pattern gave me bad instructions and I don’t know what to do with my rage. Any suggestions?
Peter McGrath

Washington, D.C.

Dear Peter,
This sounds to me like Knitter’s Rage. Not to be confused with aggressive knitting. You should take this test:


1. Do I feel I need to “get back” at other knitters for wronging me?
2. Do I get angry with knitters who knit faster than I do?
3. Do I find myself yelling at other knitters whether they can hear me or not?
4. Do I cut off other knitters when driving?
5. While knitting, do I often think, “Hey, these heavy steel needles would look great sticking out

of that guy’s skull?”

If you answered yes to three out of five questions, then you probably have Knitter’s Rage. I would recommend sedating the rage with alcohol or PCP, eating a lot of junk food, and then heading over to the gun range to blow off some steam. If there isn’t a gun range in your neighborhood, try the parking lot of a Burger King or a belltower.
Amy


How many of the 5 questions did you answer "yes" to?

I'm not telling how many I did...

P.S. Check back tomorrow for a story on my date with the real live 29-year-old virgin - folks, this is no movie. I only wish I was making this stuff up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home