Monday, January 09, 2006

It's Felted! It Really Is!

I did it! Well, kinda.

I felted something and didn't even screw it up...ok, not really, but kinda.

See, I didn't screw up the felting - I just knit the thing on 17s instead of 15s, and it got really huge (see my last post). So, I ran it through the wash once, and then twice, and it came out all felted up and sorta ok. What was wrong was that it was still really long and weird looking.

So - I cut it, here and here:


And then, today, while waiting for a client, I sewed up the edges with some of the yarn and a darning needle, turned it inside out, and WAH-LAH!

Now, all I need to do is sew on a handle, and a cool little mother-of-pearl button, and I have a very fun, very furry, sparkly purse!

And here's the pattern, dear readers:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's the link to print out your own copy! http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/thepurlgirl/CuteLittleFeltedPurse.jpg

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! I would have cut it, too, especially when the gnomes failed to appear LOL.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

Damn gnomes...such flakes! I think they're drinkers.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home