Wednesday, March 15, 2006

OH.MY.GOSH.

Crazy Aunt Purl was right. Misti Alpaca is HEAVEN.ON.EARTH. To steal one of my favorite Southern Girl sayings from her, JESUSONACRACKER, that yarn is niiiiiice.

I went into Studio Knit in Mill Valley (the NICEST yarn store in Marin) to pick up some more Debbie Bliss Cashmerino (yum) for a hat I'm knitting for a dear friend who's in chemo and going to be a cue ball soon, and it's crazy cold and snowing and typhooning and tornadoing here, and I don't want his head to get chilly.

Well, I was waiting for the lady to get me one more ball from the back (they go slow so that you'll buy more yarn), and I happened to see...Misti. I groped it. I fondled it. I wanted to hug it, just like Crazy Aunt Purl promised I would. Holy Softness, Batman. I bought three skeins - $12 each, not bad for 108 yards. This yarn is dedicated to StacyO, who, due to an 5 figure engine repair emergency has cut herself off from yarn stores for an undetermined amount of time. One for my homies.


And just that morning, I was lamenting that I haven't knit myself a scarf that I really like. I'm working on that hat for our friend, I've knit a cute felted purse (that the trend has totally caught on!), and have a sweater in progress (easier than I thought!). But, no scarf. I knit one when I first started knitting, but now I look at that and am amazed at how elementary and lame it is now!

So...stay tuned for a Misti Alpaca scarf and hat because DAMN it's cold here!


In other news, I went down to Long Beach last weekend to visit dear old Dad and his cats, and of course had to stop into the LYS there. The great ladies at LisCat helped me pick up a messed up stitch in the hat, and then I toodled over to the Alamitos Bay Yarn Co. They had this darling cabled purse (lined), and so I gave in and bought some yummy bulky ivory yarn to get the free pattern (I guess not so free?). Just add this and my Misti love to the two giant boxes of yarn that I may never knit with...I think I like buying yarn more than I like knitting...

Photo sneak attack!
(email me for the pattern - marissa@mizmiller.com)

2 Comments:

Blogger KB said...

beautiful purse! Does the pattern seem difficult? It reminds me of the knitting needle purse at anthropologie. Can't wait to see it in ivory!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Marissa said...

Hey! It doesn't seem that hard at all, as long as you know how to do cables. I haven't started it yet, so stay tuned!! That knitting needle purse at Anthropologie IS gorgeous!

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home