Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Latest in a String of Dating Adventures...

I had originally written this guy the following email politely cutting him loose. I didn't feel a connection and frankly didn't want to spend my precious time with someone that I'm just not that into:

On May 10, 2006, at 10:26 AM, Marissa wrote:
Hey Tom, Thanks for your email - I appreciate your honesty as well. Although I have enjoyed our time spent together, I don't feel the kind of romantic feelings that I should be feeling at this point. You're a neat guy, and have renewed my enthusiasm for my faith - thank you for everything!
Have a wonderful day,
Marissa


And, he responded:

Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 6:56:16 AM
Hey Marissa,
Goddamnit woman, will you give me a fucking chance...what in the hell do i have to do to get it through your head that I fucking like you. Arggghhhhh!


I hate this, I think the world of you b/c brutally honest and your cute.

I am trying not to give in to fear, why can't you do the same for me? You talk of chemistry, I see and feel this deep reservoir built on opportunity for mutual sharing and by letting things move at the pace we're both ready for.

Fuck an A, shit fuck.... why are you shutting me out?

talk to me!!! But if its really what you want, kick me to the curb.
TOM


By the way, isn't "fuckin' A" spelled "fuckin' A" not Fuck An A? And PLEASE won't someone use the proper spelling of your and you're??

Just wondering.

This from a guy studying to be a priest.

I have not responded yet...any ideas? I'm thinking of either not responding or saying something to the effect of, "anyone who starts an email with "goddamnit woman" and uses such language to address me has no place in my life."

But something way sassier should be said. I'm likely not responding, but I'll take any and all ideas.

I really do need to write a book.
And, while I was writing this post, I got a call and then an email from the other guy that I wrote a "thanks but no thanks" email to:
you know what? that's a pretty shitty thing to do to someone! you can at least pick up the phone and talk to me and tell this to me instead of having me read it in a 'dear john' - i was actually going to tell you today that this isn't going to work out. you say all the right things, yet when it comes down to it, you don't know what you want, and stringing me along was not fair. if you didn't and weren't interested in me, why the coffee? why all the bs? pretty lame and childish if you want my opinion. who knows where things could have gone with us, and it's a shame we will never find out. i hope you are more reasonable and fair with the next guy that comes along.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE MEN OUT THERE!!


7 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

OMG, the exact reason why I don't date. Forget that! Who needs that drama!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

You could always start out with:
"do you pray with that mouth?"

10:23 PM  
Blogger ~Kristie said...

Did this guy really use the phrase "kick me to the curb"? OMG, this Tom guy sounds EXACTLY like a guy I dated years ago also named Tom. In fact, the email he wrote you sounds just like something he would have written me. SCAAARRY. Maybe all guys named Tom are bad news?

RUN!!

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

miss88keys and Marissa,
Maybe it is the very same Tom!
SCAAARRY!

Why can't we all find someone sweet and sincere and honest like the prince charming in the movies? What is with the hurt and nastiness or the swearing no less? Poor guys.

CLASSIC STORY! .LOL i adore what you have done with this blog even though i don't knit one bit. ;-)
You go girl!

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were simply born in the wrong generation. I would never use that language to a woman let alone put it in writing.
Let me explain that I am, halfheartedly, considering wintering in OR this year (full time RVer, retired and roaming the country)and I was looking through these ORblogs for a glint of information. I wasn't being snoopy but, although I am twice your age, a pretty face does not escape my notice - so I read your comments.
Were I to give advice, ignore the idiot. He isn't worth your time and effort.

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't reply to either email.

kevin

1:03 PM  
Blogger valerie said...

Ah...the joys of dating in the bay area. I have gotten my fair share of similar responses to guys. I am very courteous and respectful. Why can't guys return the gesture!? Hang in there and in the end...dating is kind of fun...despite all the drama!

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home