Tuesday, November 28, 2006

It's Finished! And it's CUTE!

Look everybody, I have actually FINISHED a knitting project that I started. I have recently decided that it is due to my committment issues, that I A: am still single, and 2: have a stack of scarvelettes, hatlettes, and other unrecognizable things on needles that I may never finish, no matter how much I want to.

The success of the bag has inspired the ordering of more skeins of Valley Farms Berkshire from Webs for gifts for my friends and family. I think the Lamb's Pride Bulky is a little too bulky, so I am going down a weight for the gift purses. Valley Farms is a really affordable price ($4.99!!) compared to the $7.99/skein I spent on the Lamb's Pride.

I discovered a really cool store that deals in vintage fabric and found that they sell "phatties" (which is a funny word) of fabric which are about half a yard each and perfect for the lining. I may get crazy and make small makeup bags out of these perfect little "phatties", or I may just hit the Sally Spicer friends and family warehouse sale and call it a day.

This is what I came back with from the last sale.
Sally & friends are handier with the sewing machine than I am,
and Hot Diggity Dog, her stuff is cute!

I thought I would knit the handle to the cable purse, and I knit about 20" of a 2x2 rib with a cable down the middle, and it was just too bulky, so I found these beautiful vintage wooden handles at the vintage fabric store that work very well. I think I'm going to have to re-sew them, as they seem a little crooked, which annoys me when I carry the purse.

I have had several requests for the pattern - email me your photos or blog link of the finished product! I'd love to see what you all have come up with.


1 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

What is this Sally Spicer warehouse sale???

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home